tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Ozet Olarak Canon, Kodak, Sony

Hepsi www.imaging-resource.com 'dan.

Canon PowerShot A70 Digital Camera
As I mentioned at the outset, Canon's PowerShot A40 topped the charts on the IR website for popularity last year, outstripping all other camera models. - And for good reason: The A40 offered a rich set of features and excellent image quality at an attractive price. This year, the PowerShot A70 appears poised to follow in the A40's footsteps. Relative to last year's model, the A70 offers a good bit more resolution (3.2 vs 2.0 megapixels), a slightly expanded shutter-speed range, a slightly more accurate optical viewfinder, and a significantly improved user interface. I did see a good bit more lens flare on the A70 than on the A40, puzzling since the two lenses appear to be identical. (Perhaps a change in the optical coatings?) Also, while improved, the A70's optical viewfinder accuracy is still lower than I'd like to see. These two complaints aside though, I have nothing but praise for the A70. To my eye, Canon has managed an almost perfect combination of features, image quality and price for the mid-level consumer market. If you're looking for a great "all around" digicam, the A70 certainly deserves your serious consideration. Highly recommended.

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:43 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Sony:

P100:10,9,9,6,10,9,9,9,10,10
T1:8,10,9,6,9,8,7,9,9,9
828:10,9,10,7,9,9,9,9,9,8
V1:9,8,9,6,8,9,9,9,9,9
717:8,8,9,5,9,10,9,9,9,9

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:36 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

How Does it Compare:
(www.dcresource.com)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1
While not as small as its main competitor (the Canon PowerShot S500), the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 is a very impressive compact digital camera. It packs a 5 Megapixel CCD, 3X optical zoom lens, and large 2.5" LCD into a stylish, all-metal body.

While the S500 is a point-and-shoot camera, the DSC-W1 offers a handful of manual controls, including shutter speed, aperture, and focus (though the last two are limited). The one control missing from the W1 that the S500 has is manual white balance, which is quite useful. The W1 is a very responsive camera, with a near-instant startup time, and fast focus and shot-to-shot speeds. The AF-assist lamp helped it focus in low light, though you'll have to rely on the optical viewfinder in those situations, as the LCD will be too dark. Photo quality on the W1 is quite good, and is comparable to the S500, though redeye is bad on both cameras.

The W1 also offers something not available on the S500 -- or most any ultra-compact camera -- and that is expansion capability. The camera supports three conversion lenses, plus an external flash (which will help with that redeye problem). The only thing missing is an underwater case, which the S500 offers. For transferring photos directly from the camera, the W1's USB 2.0 high speed support will speed things up considerably over the S500's USB 1.1.

Both the W1 and S500 have VGA movie modes, though the W1's is much better, assuming you have a Memory Stick Pro card to take advantage of it. The memory card difference is an important one, as the CompactFlash cards used by the S500 are less expensive than the W1's Memory Sticks. The S500 also gets points for a superior software bundle.

While the S500 is a bit smaller and lighter, the W1 does give it a run for the money, and I highly recommend it. Either camera is a great choice, so I suggest trying both in person to see which is more compatible with you.

What I liked:
Very good photo quality
Stylish, all-metal body
Super-fast performance
Huge 2.5" LCD display
Limited manual controls
VGA, 30 fps movie mode
Support for conversion lenses and external flash
USB 2.0 high speed support
AF-assist lamp
Histograms in record and playback mode

What I didn't care for:
Redeye
More manual controls would be nice
LCD nearly impossible to see in low light
Unimpressive software bundle; not very Mac friendly either
Flimsy plastic door over memory card slot

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:40 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

How Does it Compare:
(www.dcresource.com)

Canon PowerShot S410 / S500 Digital ELPH
hile not as much of a standout as they once were, the two new Digital ELPHs -- the S410 and S500 -- are still some of the best choices in the compact point-and-shoot category. One of the strong points of the old S400 was image quality -- and both cameras continue that tradition. Both cameras produced saturated, sharp, and "smooth-looking" images. For those who shoot at high ISO sensitivities, you'll find that the S500 is noisier than the S410. The design of both cameras is second to none (like I needed to tell you that!). Other pluses for both models include performance: these cameras startup, and shoot/playback images quickly. In low light, the AF-assist lamp helped the cameras focus well. The software and camera bundle are excellent, as well. Finally, the S500 gets bonus points for a nice continuous shooting mode (for total shots taken, not the frame rate).

Why did I say that these two cameras aren't as hot as they once were? Mainly because the competition has gotten better. For example, there are a grand total of zero scene modes on this camera (and two manual controls) -- the competition (namely Casio and Nikon) have tons, and I think these models should at least have a few. Another example is movie mode. Most cameras let you record until the memory card fills up; Canon limits you to 30 seconds or 3 minutes, depending on the quality. While the S500's VGA movie mode is nice to look at, the 10 frame/sec frame rate makes for choppy video. For some unexplainable reason, my (negative) redeye test result was the opposite of the one I did on the identical S400 -- who knows? Lastly, the two cheap plastic doors on the camera don't fit in with the quality build of the rest of the camera.

All things considered, I still very much recommend these cameras. Now, which one do you want? First of all, if you have an S400, don't bother with the S410 -- the extra button on the back isn't that exciting. Choosing between the S410 and S500 depends on your needs. If VGA movies, more continuous shots in burst mode, and large print sizes are important to you, then the S500 is probably the best choice. For the average shooter, the S410 is more than adequate.

What I liked:
Very good photo quality
Small, beautiful metal body
Very fast performance
Good burst modes (esp. the S500)
AF-assist lamp
VGA movie mode (S500 only), although limited compared to competition
Excellent bundle
Optional underwater case

What I didn't care for:
Redeye
Flimsy plastic doors over battery/memory card compartments
Sluggish frame rates, recording time limits in movie mode
Scene modes would be nice

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:42 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

How Does it Compare:
(www.dcresource.com)

Kodak EasyShare DX6440
f there's one thing I've learned in my two recent reviews of their cameras, it's that Kodak has really gotten their act together. The EasyShare DX6440 is a very easy-to-use camera that takes very good pictures, includes several manual controls, and has a modern AF system. The camera isn't going to win any awards for performance, but it does have minimal shutter lag, good low light focusing ability, and a nice burst mode. As I mentioned, image quality is generally very good, though the camera tends to overprocess photos, most notably in the night shot. The camera's movie mode is about average these days, with unlimited recording (with sound) until the memory card is full. The area in which the DX6440 really stands out is in ease-of-use. The EasyShare system is excellent and a great way for beginners to share photos with friends and family. Throw in the printer dock and you've got a home photo studio for around $600. The camera does have a few flaws, though. While most of the camera is built like a tank, the plastic doors are very flimsy. I would've liked manual white balance and focus as well. But all-in-all, the DX6440 is an impressive value -- 4 Megapixels and a 4X zoom for $400 -- that I can recommend.

What I liked:
Good photo quality
Fast 4X zoom lens
Nice LCD (high res, easy to see outdoors)
Many manual controls
Hybrid AF system for low light focusing
Good burst mode
Low shutter lag
EasyShare system makes it very easy to share and print photos
Supports add-on lenses
USB 2.0
Camera dock included (U.S. and Canada only)

What I didn't care for:
Details in photos can look muddy, overprocessed
Some redeye, above average purple fringing
Cheesy plastic doors over memory card / battery compartments
No manual white balance or manual focus
No control over saturation or sharpness
Macro mode should be button, not item on mode dial

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:45 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

How Does it Compare:
(www.dcresource.com)

Canon PowerShot A80
ike the A70 before it, the Canon PowerShot A80 is one of the most appealing cameras in its class. Canon took the A70, added a higher resolution (4MP) CCD, a nicer metal body, and a rotating LCD display -- producing a camera unmatched for the $399 price. Photo quality is very good, though I was frustrated with the occasional purple fringing and blown highlights. The A80 has every manual control that one would need, ranging from shutter speed to white balance to focus. Enthusiasts will also like the ability to save your favorite settings to a spot on the mode dial. The camera's performance is better than average in all areas, and its AF-assist lamp lets it focus in dim lighting. If the manual controls are too much for you, the A80 offers some nice scene modes, including an action mode. The A80 supports wide-angle, telephoto, and close-up conversion lenses, and there's an underwater case available as well. Downsides are few, here -- I already mentioned the photo quality issues. The only other things that I can mention are the outdated movie mode, plastic tripod mount, and omission of rechargeable batteries in the box. It's hard not to like the PowerShot A80 -- it's a camera I strongly recommend.

What I liked:
Very good photo quality, aside from issues discussed; great detail, color, low noise
Full manual controls
Can save favorite settings to mode dial
Flip-out, rotating LCD display
Very solid, easy to hold body
AF illuminator
Supports add-on lenses, underwater case
One of the best software bundles out there
Great value

What I didn't care for:
Blown highlights in some images
Too much purple fringing, even at higher F-numbers
Plastic tripod mount
No rechargeable batteries included
Movie mode is outdated

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:48 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

How Does it Compare:
(www.dcresource.com)

Canon PowerShot A75
The Canon PowerShot A75 has some nice improvements over the already excellent A70. This includes a larger, high resolution LCD, PictBridge support, data imprinting, and more. Photo quality is very good, and so is the camera's performance. I continue to appreciate the full manual controls on the A75 -- something rarely seen on an entry-level camera. You may not need them now, but as you gain experience, you'll become a fan. The camera has even more scene modes than the A70, which helps you get the best shot possible without having to tweak any manual settings. For those folks who want additional lens power, Canon offers wide-angle, telephoto, and close-up conversion lenses. If you're a fan of the water, there's also an underwater case. While the A75 won't win any awards for its movie mode, it's good enough for those making short clips. All-in-all, the A75 is a great entry-level camera for both beginners and amateurs, and I highly recommend it.

What I liked:
Very good photo quality
Robust performance
AF-assist lamp
Lots of manual controls for a cheap camera
Support for conversion lenses, underwater case
Lots of scene modes
Impressive software package

What I didn't care for:
No diopter correction knob
No rechargeable batteries included
Movie mode not so hot in 2004

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:50 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Biraz uzun oldu galiba ama yeni makina alacak arkadaslar icin faydali olacagini dusunuyorum.

Belkide cikti alarak uzun uzun okumak daha efektif olabilir.

Herkese selam...

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 16:00 - İp: yok
blnf717
blnf717 (üye)
Bolu / Amatör

Ingilizce bilmedigimi göz önüne alirasak hic de faydali olmadi. Aldigin sayfanin adresini yazsaydin bu kadar ne sen zahmete girerdin nede bu kadar yer mesgul ederdin.

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 16:34 - İp: yok
abice
abice (üye)
Bursa / Meraklı

Özet olarak...

Canon A serisi en çok manuel ayar imkanı olan makinalar...
Nikon Canona nazaran daha az manuel ayar imkanı var..(bas-çek otomatike yaklaşan)
Kodak Bas-çek (point and shoot) makinalar...manuel ayar imkanı çok kısıtlı...
Sony de ne diyor bende anlamadım...

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 16:44 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

2004 yilinda dunyada 54 milyon unite digital kamera satilacagi dusunuluyor, Sony'nin hedefi ise 14 milyon unite. Bu rakamlar Eos 300d'nin ayda 100.000, D70'in 70.000 unite uretildigini de dusundugumuzde deli rakamlar. Ulkemizde ise fiyatlar rekabete kapali ve markalar arasinda olusan fiyat mertebeleri farkli calisiyor.

Sony'yi pas gecmemekte fayda var. En azindan TR fiyatlari USA fiyatlarndan Canon'dan az pahali.....

Ingilizce konusuna soylenecek birsey yok uzgunum.

Selam

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 17:04 - İp: yok