tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Ozet Olarak Canon, Kodak, Sony

Hepsi www.imaging-resource.com 'dan.

Canon PowerShot A70 Digital Camera
As I mentioned at the outset, Canon's PowerShot A40 topped the charts on the IR website for popularity last year, outstripping all other camera models. - And for good reason: The A40 offered a rich set of features and excellent image quality at an attractive price. This year, the PowerShot A70 appears poised to follow in the A40's footsteps. Relative to last year's model, the A70 offers a good bit more resolution (3.2 vs 2.0 megapixels), a slightly expanded shutter-speed range, a slightly more accurate optical viewfinder, and a significantly improved user interface. I did see a good bit more lens flare on the A70 than on the A40, puzzling since the two lenses appear to be identical. (Perhaps a change in the optical coatings?) Also, while improved, the A70's optical viewfinder accuracy is still lower than I'd like to see. These two complaints aside though, I have nothing but praise for the A70. To my eye, Canon has managed an almost perfect combination of features, image quality and price for the mid-level consumer market. If you're looking for a great "all around" digicam, the A70 certainly deserves your serious consideration. Highly recommended.

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:43 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Canon PowerShot A75 Digital Camera
As I mentioned at the outset, Canon's PowerShot A70 topped the charts in Canon's sales last year, outstripping all other camera models. - And for good reason: The A70 offered a rich set of features and excellent image quality at an attractive price. This year, the PowerShot A75 appears poised to follow in the A70's and A40's footsteps. Relative to last year's model, the A75 offers a better, nine-point autofocus system, a bigger monitor, a slightly more accurate optical viewfinder, and faster overall performance. Image sharpness on the A75 was a bit of a puzzle: Some of the its studio images weren't as sharp as those from last year's A70, but more-distant subjects outdoors were as sharp or sharper. A little hard to call, but on the whole, I'd say the A75 performs about the same as last year's excellent A70. Overall, Canon has taken an almost perfect combination of features, image quality and price, added a bunch of key features from its S-series digicams and cut the price by $50 to make a premier camera for the mid-level consumer market that's also a bargain. If you're looking for a great "all around" digicam, the A75 certainly deserves your serious consideration.

Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera
The PowerShot A80's "little brother" PowerShot A70 offered a rich set of features and excellent image quality at an attractive price. Following in its footsteps, the PowerShot A80 offers the same great features, though now with higher image quality from its 4.1-megapixel CCD. Other enhancements include a swiveling LCD monitor, broader AF point range, and two Custom exposure modes. The A80's feature set accommodates both novice and experienced user levels alike, with a friendly interface that's quick to grasp, and its image quality is first-rate. If you're looking for a great "all around" digicam, the A80 certainly deserves serious consideration.

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:46 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Canon PowerShot S400 Digital ELPH Camera (ixus 400)
The quality, versatility, and image quality of Canon's Digital ELPH series has impressed me from the start, and the 4.0-megapixel S400 holds true to that tradition. The camera's tiny size makes it a worthy travel companion, and the range of features give it an edge over many other point-and-shoot style digicams in the marketplace, particularly some other subcompact models. Although actual exposure control remains automatic, the ability to adjust ISO and White Balance, and access longer shutter times increases the camera's shooting flexibility quite a bit. The four-megapixel CCD produces great image quality and accurate color, and the S400's lens is better than that on many subcompact cameras. Representing the fourth generation in the ELPH series, the S400 maintains Canon's reputation for great quality in a very portable digicam. My earlier characterization probably sums it up best: An excellent "all around" digicam, that just happens to live inside a super-compact case. Highly recommended.

Canon PowerShot S410 Digital ELPH Camera (ixus 430)
e quality and versatility of the ELPH series has impressed me from the start, and the 4.0-megapixel S410 carried on that tradition. The camera's tiny size makes it a travel worthy companion, and the range of features give the camera an edge over many point-and-shoot style digicams in the marketplace. Though actual exposure control remains automatic, the ability to adjust ISO, White Balance, and access longer shutter times increases the camera's shooting range. The high-resolution CCD produces great image quality and accurate color. Two minor ergonomic problems exist in the S410, as well as in the earlier S400 and the S410's higher-resolution sibling, the S500: First,, the mode dial changes positions a little too easily, with the result that it can change without the user's intention. Second, that the CF card is rather awkward to remove. Neither of these items should dissuade most users from consideration of this fine camera, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention them. Other factors more serious issues I noticed in my testing was that the S500's lens tended to be somewhat soft in the corners, and the camera's photos had slight amounts of visible image noise, even at its lowest ISO settings. As I explained in my detailed image analysis, I doubt that most consumers will find the S410's image noise an issue at ISO settings of 200 and below (and its noise levels are slightly lower than those of the S500 to boot), but I feel compelled to mention it so those readers who are particularly sensitive to image noise can examine the sample pictures more closely, and form their own opinions. Taken as a whole though, the S410 is a very worth addition to the Digital ELPH line, and one that earned a place on my Dave's Picks list.

(For a camera with the same great features as the S410 but slightly higher resolution, check out its near-twin, the five-megapixel PowerShot S500. - I do have to say though, that I think the S410 is actually the better deal.)

Canon PowerShot S500 Digital ELPH Camera (ixux 500)
The quality and versatility of the ELPH series has impressed me from the start, and the 5.0-megapixel S500 doesn't disappoint. The camera's tiny size makes it a travel worthy companion, and the range of features give the camera an edge over many point-and-shoot style digicams in the marketplace. Though actual exposure control remains automatic, the ability to adjust ISO, White Balance, and access longer shutter times increases the camera's shooting range. The high-resolution CCD produces great image quality and accurate color. Two minor ergonomic problems exist in the S500, as well as in the earlier S400 and the S500's lower-resolution sibling, the S410: First,, the mode dial changes positions a little too easily, with the result that it can change without the user's intention. Second, that the CF card is rather awkward to remove. Neither o

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:50 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Kodak EasyShare DX6340 Digital Camera
Kodak's EasyShare digital cameras have consistently proved to be among the easiest to use of any I've tested, and the DX6340 follows suit. Its fully automatic exposure control performs surprisingly well in a wide variety of conditions, and the partial manual exposure control is a welcome bonus for extending the camera's capabilities. A handful of preset scene modes help with special shooting conditions. While its resolution falls a bit short of the best competing 3.1-megapixel models, there's plenty of detail to make good-looking 8x10 prints. I wouldn't recommend it for "enthusiast" users, but its excellent color and exceptionally capable automatic white balance make it a true "point & shoot" digicam, requiring little or no intervention to take nice looking photos under a wide variety of conditions.

Kodak EasyShare CX6330 Digital Camera
Kodak's EasyShare digital cameras consistently rank among the easiest to use of any I've tested, and the CX6330 follows suit. Full automatic exposure control keeps things simple, with exposure decisions down to a bare minimum. A handful of preset scene modes help with special shooting conditions. This is a true "point-and-shoot" digicam, requiring little or no intervention to take nice looking photos under a wide variety of conditions. It produces very good-looking photos at a bargain price, but do note that it has several limitations, including very limited night-shooting capability and a lens that gets soft in the corners when shooting nearby subjects. Overall, a nice camera for family use and other casual shooting by non-techie types. It just misses being a "Dave's Pick" due to the soft corners in its images, but is a nice camera nonetheless. (The value of Kodak's excellent automatic white balance performance is not to be understated, this and other EasyShare cameras do an excellent job of recording photos that match your memory of the scene, almost regardless of the light you're shooting under.)

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:52 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1
Having now had a chance to evaluate a production-model V1, I can at last comment on its performance and image quality. Overall, the DSC-V1 is a powerful package of photographic capability in a small container, with excellent creative controls and a unique range of Sony-only features like Night Shot/Framing and Hologram Autofocus. Its image quality is very good, but I felt that it fell just a little short of that offered by the earlier DSC-F717, that model offering better color accuracy and dynamic range. Not to denigrate the V1 by any means though, as it's a very capable camera, with very good image quality - It's just that I feel that the F717 is a bit better. Of course, the F717 is quite a lot larger and more cumbersome, and a good bit more expensive as well. If you want the unique features of the F717, but can't afford either its price or its physical bulk, the DSC-V1 would make a very worthy stand-in. If you're sitting on the fence between the two models, I encourage you to examine the sample photos I've posted from both models, to see which you prefer. At the end of the day, Sony has two very capable digicams, both of which are worth a serious look if you're shopping in the high end of the consumer marketplace.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T1 Digital Camera
Sony's Cyber-shot line of digicams have consistently proven themselves to be versatile performers, with high build quality, providing numerous innovations in the digicam marketplace. Now, the DSC-T1 breaks new ground in the subcompact category, packing more features into a smaller space than pretty much anything else out there. Most impressive is how few tradeoffs Sony was forced to make relative to full-sized five-megapixel models. The DSC-T1 shows good image quality, with good color, high resolution, and excellent sharpness from corner to corner (a common failing of the optics of subcompact digicam models). Its image sharpness and noise levels aren't quite up to the level of the best full-sized 5-megapixel cameras out there, but they're impressive for a subcompact model. (The other tradeoffs relative to competing full-sized digicams were limited low-light capability, limited flash power, and relatively short battery life.) While offering the ease of use of a fully point & shoot model in "auto" mode, the T1 provides enough flexibility and image control to satisfy even relatively sophisticated users. With its combination of small size, obvious build quality, good image quality, and rich feature set, the DSC-T1 was an easy "Dave's Pick." If you're in the market for a really compact digicam, but don't want to give up key features to get there, the DSC-T1 should be on your (very) short list of prime prospects.

Sony DSC-W1 Digital Camera
Functionally, the Sony DSC-W1 is nearly a dead ringer for the slightly more compact DSC-P100, offering nearly the same functions in a differently-shaped and slightly larger body, with a larger 2.5 inch LCD. It competes with models like Canon's PowerShot S500 in the "subcompact" digicam category, and should be a strong player there, with its excellent mix of features, functions, small size, and image quality. It provides more manual exposure control than most compact models permit, yet is easy to use in full-auto mode, and its six preprogrammed scene modes help with tricky subjects. Its photos show excellent color and sharpness, although it shares with its P100 sibling some white-balance weakness under household incandescent lighting, and likewise achieves its surprisingly low image noise levels at the expense of image detail in areas of subtle contrast. (It seems to have a very aggressive anti-noise system, which does indeed deliver low noise in flat-tinted areas, but which also tends to flatten-out fine subject detail in areas with low contrast, such as hair, grass, etc.) In my testing, the W1 did a very good job with dynamic range and highlight detail when I employed its optional low-contrast setting, a feature tha

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:54 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Canon PowerShot G5
Canon's "G" series of digicams have always been favorites of mine, and I was especially thrilled with all the updated features found on the G3 model. When the G3 came out though, the question on everyone's lips was "Where's the 5 megapixel model?" Well, here it is, and it's a dandy. All the features and performance of the G3, but with an extra megapixel of resolution. - And surprisingly good image noise for a five-megapixel sensor. With its 4x optical zoom lens, 5 megapixel sensor, and myriad exposure controls, the G5 has enough to suit experienced users and pros, while remaining approachable by novices when used in full-auto mode or one of its "scene" options. It doesn't take a crystal ball to predict big sales for Canon on this model. Highly recommended.

Canon PowerShot S50
The PowerShot S45 had already "wowed" me, so when the S50 arrived, it fell into a category something akin to icing on the cake. The PowerShot S50 has a first-rate feature set, stopping just short of some of the high-end "enthusiast" capabilities of the PowerShot G3, but leaving very little lacking, and bringing an extra megapixel of resolution and excellent "pocketability" in the bargain. As with the S45, I'd like to see a more accurate optical viewfinder, better macro capabilities, and a power switch that couldn't turn on when the camera is shoved into a pocket, but the picture quality the S50 delivers is really exceptional. Color is accurate and well saturated, and the camera's white balance system does an excellent job under a wide variety of lighting conditions. Plus, the addition of custom controls, better exposure metering, more flexible focus control, and the wide variety of other interface and operational updates make the S50 even more capable of handling most any shooting situation. Overall, an excellent camera for high-end consumers looking for a full-featured digicam with great image quality. It's easy enough to operate in auto mode that most anyone could be comfortable with it, yet it sports enough advanced features (save only an external flash connection) to satisfy most enthusiasts. Highly recommended.

Canon EOS 300D
The EOS 10D was an immensely popular camera, capitalizing on the EOS name with an excellent feature set and sterling performance. The EOS 300D seeks to surpass its predecessor's popularity, offering very similar functionality at a much lower price point. Although there are a few design adjustments (not to mince words, they're deliberate de-featurings) that will leave more experienced users wanting (such as the inability to select metering and focus modes at will), the EOS 300D is a very capable camera with an excellent feature set. The broad range of exposure control, from pure point & shoot to full manual control should make users of most any experience level feel comfortable. Resolution, color, and tonal range are all very good to excellent, and the newly-introduced 18-55mm EF-S lens that is being offered along with the Digital Rebel is of surprisingly high quality. All in all, a dramatically affordable, true interchangeable-lens digital SLR. I've heard through the grapevine that Canon has plans to produce upwards of 70,000 of these per month for the worldwide market. IMHO, that's still not going to be nearly enough: This is clearly going to be the hottest camera in the history of digital photography, at the $1000 price point. If you have any interest in owning a Digital Rebel before the end of 2003, you'd better get in line promptly.

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 14:58 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Nikon Coolpix 5400
The original Coolpix 5000 model was an excellent digicam that I found well-suited to the prosumer as well as the amateur, and the Coolpix 5400 seems to fill its shoes quite well. The 5.1-megapixel CCD and 4x optical zoom lens are benefits in themselves, but the Coolpix 5400 also offers increased exposure options as well. The 15-setting Scene mode is perfect for common, yet challenging, shooting situations, and the full Auto exposure mode is a great starting point for novices. I have a few quibbles over its image characteristics, feeling that the 5400's images are a bit on the contrasty side (although honestly, no more so than many competing models), and also that they show the affects of somewhat over-aggressive noise reduction. - For whatever reason (a noisier CCD chip?), Nikon seems to have cranked up the noise reduction algorithm used in all the camera's images (as opposed to just the long-exposure ones) to the point that some detail is lost in shadows. On a positive note though, the camera's lens appears to be of higher than average quality, with unusually low geometric distortion at its wide-angle setting. The 5400 also snaps very clean images under low light conditions, even with very long exposures. It also carries forward the Coolpix tradition of exceptional macro capability. Like all of Nikon's high-end Coolpix models, the 5400 also offers an amazing range of creative and exposure controls, easily at the top of the market in that respect. I've thus made it a "Dave's Pick," despite my concerns about contrast and noise-reduction processing - This is an exceptionally capable camera that's equipped to delight any enthusiast, but that also works very well for novice users when working in pure point & shoot mode, or one of its many scene modes.

Nikon Coolpix 4300
The Coolpix 4300 looks like a very nicely designed camera for the high end "point & shoot" market. It's extensive set of scene modes will let even novices snap good photos in what would otherwise be challenging situations. At the same time, the partially hidden full-manual exposure mode and manual focus option provide added flexibility for more advanced users, without overly cluttering the user interface. Now that I've had a chance to test a full production model, I can confidently recommend the 4300 to anyone looking for a compact, full-featured four megapixel camera: Its resolution and color rendering are both excellent. Highly recommended, I think this is going to prove to be a very popular model for Nikon!

Nikon Coolpix 3700
Bearing the well-respected Nikon Coolpix name and a svelte, rugged, stylish all-metal body, the Coolpix 3700 is one of the most compact Coolpix models available. Its compact size and sleek body style suit pockets well, making it a ready travel companion. While it's truly a point & shoot camera, there are enough options to let you bring back good-looking photos from a variety of shooting conditions, and its generous collection of 15 "scene" modes make it easy to capture photos of what might otherwise be challenging subjects. Its images are bright and vibrant (if not a tad contrasty for my own taste), with accurate, well-saturated color and good resolution. With its point-and-shoot design and ease of use, the Coolpix 3700 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an easy to use digicam that takes good pictures and travels well. Definitely recommended as a nice "all around" digicam, this is one of my favorite Coolpix models to date.

Nikon Coolpix 3200
Nikon's Coolpix line of consumer digicams has always been well-received, appreciated for their image quality and ease of use. From the sharp Nikon optics to the full range of exposure control, the Coolpix series has satisfied a wide range of users. The Coolpix 3200 continues this trend, with its 3x Nikkor lens (with exceptional macro capabilities), 3.2-megapixel CCD, and well-rounded offering of preset shooting modes. The consumer focus of the 3200 is expressed

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:01 - İp: yok
abice
abice (üye)
Bursa / Meraklı

Amme hizm. bir de türkçeye çevirseydin.. büyük sevaba girerdin...

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:03 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717
I was very impressed with the DSC-F707 when it first appeared, but am much more so with the F717. Sony listened to users and critics alike, and made a number of significant improvements in the F717. Shutter lag has been dramatically improved, color rendering seems to be much more even, and white balance performance and flexibility are exceptional. Sharpness and image noise seem to have been maintained at the previous (high and low, respectively) levels. Toss in a generic hot shoe for external flash usage (whether on-camera or studio-based) and a handful of user interface improvements, and you've got an "enthusiast" camera that stacks up against anything on the market. Sony innovations like NightShot and NightFraming are just further icing on the cake. Despite its sophistication though, the F717 manages to remain a very user-friendly and approachable camera - There's no reason for a novice to pass it by in favor of a lesser model, as its full-auto mode is as easy to use to use as anything out there. Final judgement will await the arrival and testing of a full production model, but the F717 should be a huge winner for Sony. (I'll go so far as to say that it's good enough that a lot of current F707 owners will be enticed into upgrading to the new model.)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Sony's DSC-F828 breaks new ground on several fronts, being the first 8-megapixel camera on the market, but more importantly the first to use Sony's new RGB+E sensor technology. It also sports the fastest autofocus system of any prosumer camera I've tested to date, and the fastest shutter release of any camera, at any price range. There's no question that it's a technological tour de force, raising the standard by which competing high-end prosumer models will be judged. I found the RGB+E technology definitely gave the camera an edge when dealing with difficult, highly-saturated reds and yellows, and its exceptional autofocus speed was a very welcome change from what I've come to expect from even high-end digicams. (The F828 would be an excellent choice for the sports shooter.)

That said, it also has its limitations, although each user will have to decide how critical they are for their own applications. As many (myself included) had expected, it does show more image noise than the best 5-megapixel cameras. This was anticipated because the smaller pixels required to cram 8 million of them onto a single chip make for lower signal-to-noise ratios. I won't go so far as to suggest that this is what we'll see from all 8MP cameras though, as various manufacturers have surprised me in the past by beating what I thought were absolute limitations of the sensor processing. (Stay tuned, this is definitely going to be "the year of the 8 megapixel" at the high end of the field, with several models due from various parties.) The F828's optics also appear to be subject to the infamous "purple fringing" phenomena, producing magenta-colored fringes around the edges of very bright objects against dark backgrounds. For whatever reason, I didn't see this characteristic nearly as much in my testing as some reviewers did, but the effect is definitely present.

So overall, the F828 is a bit of a mixed bag, in my mind coming out ahead of the pack of current high-end digicams when all factors are considered. (At least as of this writing in late January, 2004) There's a great deal to like, particularly for users who want loads of resolution (it has that in spades), superb color, ultra-fast shutter response, and Sony-only technologies like Hologram Autofocus and NightShot/NightFraming. On the other hand, if you're bothered by higher than average image noise (relative to current high-end prosumer cameras at least, all of which were still 5 megapixel models as I write this) and the dreaded "purple fringe" problem, it may not be the camera for you. If most of your shooting is outdoors (e.g., low ISO environments), and you don't have a lot of burned-out

Tarih: 23 Haziran 2004, 15:04 - İp: yok
tungsten
tungsten (üye)
İstanbul / Meraklı

www.megapixel.net 'den:

Body Ergonomics
LCD Screen
Interface
Software
Power Usage
Image Quality — Outdoor
Image Quality — Flash